Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Soul Journey 2018: "Handpainted Canvas Tote"


Hi everyone.....I am back after a long spell recharging the old batteries! 

I have been creating believe it or not, just not posting as much here. I have cut back on my DT commitments to create just for the fun of it, getting back to the reason we all start our creative journey! I feel so much better for it, and feel that the projects I am working on are much more "Me" somehow....I can seriously recommend a creative vacation to everyone!

So getting back to why I am here.....Soul Journey 2018! When I was asked to participate in this year long concept I was blown away, not only by the fabulous concept but also the high quality and talent of all the other teachers all gathered for a very cool journey of the soul!

What is Soul Journey? I hear you ask? Well Soul Journey is a year-long FREE event where guest artists make wonderful projects all based around the theme of mental health, self-care and love and of course happiness. It is the brain child of the very giving Annette Poucher and her team of lovelies, and it is not too late to check it out!
Here is the FB link with all you need to know and it is not too late to join in so what have you got to loose? 

So lets get on with it shall we? I have created a hand-painted arty tote and also a process video so you can all create one too!
Most of the  materials used can be purchased from Art And Soul Studio
So enough of me here are some pics and the video at the end, hope you enjoy!

 





 Materials used:

Gesso
Acrylic Paint: Dina Wakley
Stencils: Stencil Girl, ScrapFX, Crafters workshop & Donna Downey
Foam Stamps: ScrapFX & Art Foamies
Paint Markers: Posca,  Sharpie & Liquitex
Canvas Bag

And last but not least the video:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!