Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's off the Floor!!!!

Yay folks the project is off the floor and up on the wall, I now have space to swing that proverbial cat in my room!!! It did proove to be quite the challenge to put this together, amazing how the creative mind thinks anything is possible, but a practical mind works in a totally different headspace. So we had to collaborate "Gasp!" (my DH and I that is) and the job is done, knew we could do it just didn't need the carry on about nails, screws etc!!!


I was inspired by a photo I saw on the canvas corp website where they made what they called a canvas wreath, it looked like a great idea, and this is the result or my spin on their idea. I used loads of  ScrapFX  chipboard, canvases from the $2 shop and printed my photos on canvas paper to add to the texture, it was fun to put together but am very pleased it is out of my room and I don't have to look at it as much anymore!!! Hope this inspires!




So there you have it I hope it was worth waiting for, I would love to see what others come up with, let me know if you are going to give it a "burl", love seeing what others do!!!
Thanks for dropping by, much love,



13 comments:

  1. that is freaking amazing wowman... no wonder you didnt have any room on your floor.. wowzers..

    amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirationl work. I am so impressed with the design and the muted colours. Great photos and a wonderful idea for a familly wall mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is absolutely stunning, saw it at scrapbook.com and had to come check out your blog. Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Michelle, well done. I'd love to give this a go :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooo amazing. Each piece of it is a piece of art and put together it is totally awesome. I would be so proud to hang something like this in my home! Way to go! I am going to hit the follow button right now! Come visit me sometime too... pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful !! I hope to create something like this as a gift for my niece and her family. They just moved into a new home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just loving what an amazing piece this wreath is. What a fantastic, beautiful, and innovative idea. Stunningly gorgeous in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is gorgeous!!! I too saw this over on the Canvas Corp website, but it never translated to anything. Maybe now I'll have to give it a try. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. How big is it? I'm wondering if you used big or small canvas's and 4.6 photos? I think I'm going to try making one myself. What an inspiration you are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome... thankx 4 reminding me of making it... I've also seen some other pictures that got me interested in making a canvas wreath :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow I love this idea and your version turned out fabulous, love the colours you used too I am putting it on my must try after Christmas list. so ispirational
    thanks for sha
    ring

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! I'm slays looking at mixed media art. I've just started doing some. I did a canvas for a friend at work. Now I'm working on 4 12 x 12 canvas for a wall at work. I want to try something like your art for in my house. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!