Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Colour Blast: "Friends" by Michelle Logan


Hi Everyone, popping in to share 
 an Art Journal Page with a vintage feel that I made for Colour Blast earlier this month.
So here is the page:
I have created this in my altered book journal.


And lets get started on how I did the background:


First I created texture using a palette knife and Heavy Gesso. I also used a small damask stencil with the same Heavy Gesso, creating a raised pattern.




    I selected my colour palette from the water colour cakes of Colour Mica Powder I made (PolarCool Mint & Espresso) and a few Colour Sprays (Sapphire & Lagoon) and Colour Shimmer Spray (Bling & Leather).

     


    I used all the colours to splash around on my background till I was happy with it. 


       
       I then glued down strips of scrap patterned paper where I planned to put the main focus of the page. Then added a scrape or 2 of Gesso to tie the composition together.
         


          I then added more splashes of colour. 


          Now its time to add layers to the main focus, and embellish with lots of little bits. I have used an old pic I found in an childrens' story book from the 1950's as a main focal point, with an overlay I found in my stash.


             I used more Colour Spray to colour my chipboard pieces to coordinate with the rest of the page.


            I did more layering on the opposite page and added some tiny Art Stones using Clear Gesso in random places across the page and also some stamping using background stamps and Archival ink.

             

            And there you have it the page is done! 
            Here are a few detail shots:



              


             The Colour Blast Products used:





            And that is all! Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired! 
            For all the wonderful Colour Blast Products head here, there are so many lovely colours to choose from!
            Till next time, 
            Keep Crafting!

            Michelle

            No comments:

            Post a Comment

            Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!