Friday, October 19, 2012

Kraft it Up October Challenge



A quick share of my take on the challenge over at KIU. It is Misting month!
As you may know, I am a bit of a misting addict so had to get onto this one.
So here is my "grungy" effort:


Now, I don't really do many "event" pages, as I do struggle with themes, but I was inspired to capture my sons' Premiership win, by the talented Sharryn over at the Scrap FX DT. 
She made a great page that was cricket inspired, so I thought how hard can it be?? 
The 2012 is a new Scrap FX alpha.
The title and the cup are new releases too, just love the mix of fonts in that Wordlet.
 I could not cope with the team colours of Royal Purple and Gold so I treated it a little like a  Grunge journal background that I had been doing previously on a few cards (see prior post).
The stencil background is a Crafters workshop one called Mayan Calendar, and believe it or not that colour is a little "purpley", a colour that I really avoid for some reason, I call it my Kryptonite!


As a token gesture I did add the yellow banners, hey, it is almost Gold!

You can see some Washi Tape here too from Sawyers Place.
Could not resist splashing paint around to just add to the "look", and my first real junior football page was done!
Hope you all have a nice day!

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome Michelle! So happy to hear I page I did inspired you...*blush* LOL
    Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome page Michelle! love your work!
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous misting techniques and a great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pahe Michelle- love your stencil and droplet details and that photo is AMAZING- the banner are great too. Hope you are having a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great misty background technique. I love how this has turned out! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab page! I just LOVE your misting/masking! One of my favs for sure! Thanks for joining us at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a grungy /guy LO...love it!thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  8. This awesome...love the grungey feel of it! Thanks for joining in the fun at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your misting!! And what a lovely picture! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!