Saturday, January 6, 2018

Guest Design Post for Art and Soul Studio

Hey there everyone, sorry I have neglected the blog a little but life has got in the way!
So I am here to say Happy New Year to you all!
Now to start with I want to share a guest post I did for Art And Soul Studio back in December before the Christmas insanity set in!
This is a handmade art journal one signature thick using an A4 envelope that I painted as the cover….very simple and lots of fun! 


There are a heap of lovely layers on the cover and watercolour paper pages on the inside. I am going to work on filling it when I am away in January with very limited supplies, really pushing myself for 2018!


The front and back cover is all created as one piece with out thinking just doing layer over layer and keeping bits I liked!


A few details for you.


The main focal point is Dina Wakley's Stamp "Scribble Girl" with a few scribbles and paint shadows added.




Inside is one signature…. all simply joined together using a basic pamphlet stitch.

hope you liked it…and please note for those who know me.......I even used Purple LOL!

Materials List available at Art And Soul Studio:
A4 Envelope, Tissue Paper, White Gesso, Paint: Matisse Structure : Metallic Gold, Southern Blue Ocean. Atelier: Pthalo Blue Shade, Prussian Blue. Dina Wakley: White, Black, Sky, Blackberry, Cheddar. Neons Fluorescent Pink, Marabu Art Spray Gold, Stencils: Stencil Girl: ATC Mix Up 1 9x12, Crazy Quilts Calm & Frenzy, Stamps: Scrap FX: Squared, Dina Wakley: Splatter Girl, Posca Paint Pen Black & White, Stazon Jet Black ink Pad 

PS: If anyone would like to join me I am teaching the technique to make a similar junk journal at Artified in Victoria on 17th Feb. Why Not come and play?  










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back sometime soon. I
    want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a
    nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!