Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Dance....an art Journal Page for Scrap FX.

Hi everyone it’s Michelle back to share an art journal page I created using the fabulous new
Dramatic Dancer Stencil from Scrap FX as the main focus of the page.
Dramatic Dancer stencil - Click Image to Close
Isn’t she just so fabulous??
I just love how “Arty” she is, it makes my page look so cool, but the technique is so basic!
I also used the Fancy Feather Stamps in the background to add movement.
Fancy Feather stamps - Click Image to Close
So here is the page:
I wanted the page to look like she was creating a rainbow of colour till she moved into the drama of the darkest colour, really like how it turned out!
I started with a gessoed background and laid down the Paynes Grey Acrylic paint to start with. Then used the stamp in the wet paint to create feather images across the 2 pages.
Then once that was dry I added the bright lighter colours using watercolours as I wanted lots of drippy goodness.

I sprayed some Marabu Art spray in gold across the page and through the Flower Pattern Stencil (small), adding splashes as I went.
I stamped some script with a stamp and Stazon ink.

Now time for the Dancer! I mixed Gold Metallic Acrylic Paint with some Impasto Medium to give it some body, then applied it through the stencil.

I stamped the Quote on to some tissue paper then added it to the page with Matt Medium.

The page is now complete!
Scrap FX Goodies used:
Hope you enjoyed my little project and found some inspiration!
Thanks for visiting and please do come on back now!!

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!