Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Artified Art Journal Fun!

Hi all! 
I am back again with a few art journal pages created with lots of Artified goodies.
I had loads of painterly fun creating, so much so, I failed to take picks of my process, so sorry but I promise to remember for next time!

First up is "Shine Shine Shine" using some Geli printed papers, Washi Tape, vintage papers, stamps, stencils and paint a plenty!

I started with gesso and paper layers then added more paint through stencils, stamping and Washi Tape then used the black as a unifying colour to bring all the elements together. I applied paint with a palette knife brushes and my fingers till I was happy with the composition.
Here is a little bit of detail for you:


The focal point was made with a Kraft card and a few Dina Wakley stamps. 

Next up "Me...".
For this one I made a stencil out of a magazine image, then used that shape to create my figure out of old book paper.
I had a bit of fun splashing paint around and stamping on a Gessoed page, then stuck the figure down with Matt Gel Medium.

I added some paint to the figure through a few stencils and added details with a Stabillo all pencil and paint pens.


The shadow around the figure I did with the pencil and a touch of water applied with my finger to blend.


A few more stamped images and the page was done!

Now for my last page to share, "Be....".
Used a lot of scraps here and had some fun with paint and stamps, this one was very quick and easy to create.


I started by adding old book paper shapes across the Gessoed page, then added my paint colours with my palette knife. I then rubbed the paint off through a stencil with a baby wipe to leave interesting patterns underneath.
Lots of layers of paint and stencilling created the background, then it was time to focus on the foreground of the page.
I wanted something simple but I also wanted it to cover a lot of, what was, a very busy background. 

I went through my scrap paper stash and came up with some old black lined paper....do not ask me where I got that from....no idea!
I punched out the circles with an old punch and laid it across the double page so that the circles framed just enough of that busy background. I then added some paint on a stamp to make the paper part of the composition and added some stamped words and the page was done!
Here are the links to all the products used on my pages for easy reference:


So there you go, my sharing here is done, head over to Artified for all your mixed media goodies!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!