Wednesday, March 22, 2017

2017 Art Journal Catch Up

Hi everyone, I am back with a catch up, so this comes with a long post warning....yep I have been a little busy, just don't find much time to sit and share them here. I would rather play some more!
So here are a few of my Art Journal pages I have been playing with.

First off, my obsession with faces continues, with varying degrees of success.  I think it all depends on my mood as to wether I like the girl that emerges.


I do like this girl, and you must notice that I have used purple...a colour I rarely use and I have surprised myself with the outcome!


I am trying to create different "girls" as when I started, I seemed to always draw the same girl and that was truly frustrating!
My next Girl, with very large eyes! Each girl is really part of a learning process.


I really loved the background on this one, using the torn Notebook stamp by Scrap FX created an interesting distressed, grunged up look that really appealed.


My next 2 pages are heavily influenced and inspired by the lovely Dina Wakley, I have also used her stamps and paint combined with a new lace stencil by Scrap FX on the first one.



 

 Then there is one for the birds! Used Dina stamps, stencils and her lovely thick paint.



Are you all still with me? We are almost done now!
Sticking with that bird theme, this one travels over 2 pages, tried drawing a bird this time, cannot always draw the same thing!


Last one for this post I promise!
This one I used a tissue stamping technique that gives a wonderful multiple image look that I love and have done a few pages lately using it, so be prepared for more shares later! 



And as promised that is it for me for now, got a heap more to show but that can wait for another day!
In the meantime, thanks for visiting, comments are much appreciated as always!

Michelle xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love the tissue technique! Enjoyed viewing all of your pages with the lovely DWMM products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dara for taking the time to leave a little "love", much appreciated!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!