Monday, March 17, 2014

Sassy Scrappers March Mood Board

I have been inspired!!! Saw this mood board over at Sassy Scrappers and just had to do something with it.
Just so divine and such an awesome Colour scheme!
I wanted to do something a little girly (in my own way). Girly does not flow easily for me so believe me when I say this was a challenge! I am not a flower kinda gal, in fact I do not have much in my stash, maybe that is why I don't use 'em?? Anyway I created this for the sketch and had to compensate for a lack of Flower raw material!!


The photo is of one of my nieces which was taken a while ago.


I used a new damask stencil from ScrapFX (such a beautifully detailed stencil) with some texture paste on the background then got a little messy with the Lindys stamp Gang Sprays and Mica powders.


 Those intricate words and Damask corners are chippies by Scrap Fx treated with a bit of embossing powder and ink.
The quote is another awesome stamp by Kaiser, just love It!!
The papers are a mix of old and new from my stash, just wanted to get the colours right.


With the lack of "flowers" situation, I had to be a little inventive and had to cut them out. This paper is MME but an ancient line that I fell in love with many moons ago!


So there you go, a Girly page at last! Cannot say it was an easy ride but I had to challenge myself and the job is done!
Thanks for popping back to take a peak!
Stay Happy everyone,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Ilove your mixed media work. Hopefully one day I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the background!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning page Michelle, thanks so much for joining in at Sassy Scrappers. glad you were inspired by our mood board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome Michelle,your background looks amazing thanks for joining us at sassy Scrappers ..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Michelle!! this is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page, perfect interpretation of colour board. It's one of my fav project of yours. Love, Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, this is just stunning! I love your creativity with the 'flower situation, lol' Beautiful job, thank you so much for joining us at Sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love all the mixed media elements . Thanks for playing at sassy scrappers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you were here!